Do you know Gmail has a feature known as “Undo Send“? If not then you should know about it. This feature can save you from many embarrassing situations in future. Undo Send allows you to stop an unwanted email from reaching its recipient.
If you have enabled Undo Send feature then from now on if you ever unintentionally send an email to wrong person or to the entire recipient list from your Gmail account then instead of regretting, all you have to do is click undo and it fixed, that email never reached out.
Undo Send feature of Gmail actually waits to send your email, giving you a certain amount of time to change your mind and prevent it from being sent.
How to Activate Undo Send Email
Undo Send is not enabled by default. Follow the steps listed below in order to enable Gmail’s Undo Send
1. First, log in to your Gmail account.
2. Once you logged in, click on the upper right corner of the screen, click the Settings icon (the one that looks like a gear) and choose the option “Settings”.
3. From the Settings window under General tab, look for the setting that says Undo Send.
4. By default it is disabled. Click the check box to Enable Undo Send.
5. Set the Send cancellation period in which you can prevent the email from being sent. You can choose 5, 10, 20 or 30 seconds. Set this time as 30 seconds so that you can get the maximum time to decide and act.
6. Scroll down to the bottom of the Settings screen and click the Save Changes button.
From now on every time you send an email, at the top of the screen, you’ll see a message that says: “Your message has been sent. Undo. View Message.“. Click Undo when you need to prevent the email from being sent.
That’s all. We hope this article helped you to learn how to undo send email. Subscribe to our newsletter and get daily updates to your Inbox.
Leave a comment below if you have any related queries with this.