Video calling services like Skype and Hangouts are making it easier for us to connect with people all over the world. We can now easily setup a webcam meeting with these services, whether it’s for a job interview or a casual talking to friends and family. But on the other side, to look good for these webcam meeting is something which most of us worry about (including myself). No matter how good looking you are, with bad ambiance and some other factors, it’s pretty easy to look ugly on a webcam. Don’t take the ‘ugly’ part seriously, it does not referring to your physical appearance.
Fortunately, Mixergy and showcase 10 Killer Tips on how not to look bad on a webcam with this handy infographic. So, let’s get started.
Love this infographic? Share with your friend’s circle.
Short Transcript: How Not to Look Ugly on a Webcam
- Don’t have any lights behind you.
- Have lights facing you.
- Mind your background.
- Use an ethernet cable to connect to the internet & turn wifi off.
- Find a quiet place to record.
- Restart your computer. Even if it’s a Mac.
- Turn off any program you don’t need.
- Pause (or shut off) programs that upload or download files in the background.
- Ask people who are sharing your internet network not to upload or download large files.
- Position yourself so you’re in the center of the webcam.
That’s all. If you enjoyed this article, Follow us and Subscribe to our newsletter and get daily updates to your Inbox.
Related Article: Top 5 Video Calling Apps
Leave a comment below and share your thoughts about this post with us.