WhatsApp had more than 1 billion monthly active users. Chances are if you know someone with a smartphone, they’ve got WhatsApp. No other messaging platform can beat WhatsApp for reliability, simplicity and the sheer number of contacts using it. So without any doubt, we can say that Whatsapp is the best all-around instant messaging app.
5 crazy facts about WhatsApp:
- More than 1 million users get registered on WhatsApp daily.
- WhatsApp is responsible for 27% of selfies shared on the Internet.
- 72% of WhatsApp users check WhatsApp daily.
- An average user checks the app approximately 23 times per day.
- More than 200 voice messages shared on WhatsApp every day.
So what will make WhatsApp more interesting than ever? Yes! Definitely, its secret tricks and tips that are unknown to many, but not anymore. We have dug out some of the best WhatsApp tricks and tips that you should try.
Without any further ado, here’s 15 Best WhatsApp Tricks and Tips.
1. See When He or She Read Your Message
- Go to the conversation chat window and keep the message pressed for few seconds.
- On the top, there is an i symbol. Click on it and you will see the read status of a message.
2. Stop Others From Knowing You Read Their Message
- Open WhatsApp and Tap (on the top right of the screen).
- Now go to Settings >> Account >> Privacy.
- Unchecked the Read Receipts.
Note: If you turn off read receipt, you won’t be able to see read receipts from other people. If you want to do this for particular sender then the next trick will help you.
3. Read Whatsapp Messages Without The Sender Knowing
- Turn on the Airplane mode.
- Now read the sender message.
- After you read the message, turn off the Airplane mode.
- No, blue ticks will be marked and the sender will not know that you have read his/her message.
4. Use WhatsApp To Compress Images And Video
- Send the set of image and video files to one of your friends or to yourself (Save you own phone number with your name on your mobile phone) via WhatsApp.
- Open File Manager and browse to Internal storage WhatsApp >> Media on Android or your Camera Roll on iOS. There you will find the compressed versions of the sent image and video files.
5. Send Your Message And Calls Securely With End-to-End Encryption
- Open WhatsApp and under Chat tab, keep the contact pressed for few seconds.
- The top menu option will change. Tap and select “View Contact“.
- On next window, tap on Encryption to generate the QR code.
- Scan the code for verification on your contact’s phone, or ask them to scan your code.
- When verification is done, your messages and calls to them are end-to-end encrypted.
6. Recover Deleted Messages
If you ever lost all your WhatsApp messages due to some reason, then there is no need to worry, Whatsapp stores all chat conversation on your phone Internal memory and you can recover them anytime you want. Just follow the simple steps give below:
- Go to phone Internal Memory > Whatsapp > Database.
- There you will find msgstore.db.crypt file which contains all messages which you have received and sent in the same day.
- You can also find another file in same folder msgstore-yyyy-dd..db.crypt which contains all messages sent and received in last seven days.
- Open these files with any text editor to read.
Note: If it is not stored in Internal memory then it might be in your External memory (SD card).
7. Create Chat Shortcuts For Frequently Contacted Friends
Our favorite WhatsApp now made things more instant for you. Create a friends contact shortcut on your home screen, so that you start the instant conversation with them anytime with just a single tap.
- Keep the contact pressed for few seconds.
- The top menu option will change. Tap and select “Add chat Shortcut“.
- Your friend contact shortcut will be created in the Home Screen
8. Minimize Mobile Data Usage
You can minimize your mobile data usage and can save some valuable memory space by stopping automatic media. Follow the 3 simple steps given below to do this.
- Open WhatsApp and Tap (on the top right of the screen).
- Now go to Settings >> Data usage.
- Under Media Auto-Download, tap on When Using Mobile Data, When Connected on Wi-Fi, and When Roaming and uncheck all the boxes.
Note: On the iPhone, you will only get the option to either turn ON or OFF automatically “Save Incoming Media”.
9. Change Your WhatsApp Phone Number
Sometimes we change our mobile number when we move to a new place. And in case, you need to change your WhatsApp number, you can change it, WhatsApp allows that and you can change it without losing any of your account information.
- Open WhatsApp and Tap , go to Settings >> Account >>Change number.
- Enter your old and new number.
- You will receive the verification code in your new number.
- Once WhatsApp verification is done, your number will be changed.
10. WhatsApp Built-in Search
Are you still scrolling back through old messages whenever you need to find an important message sent via WhatsApp? You don’t have to do this, WhatsApp had a built-in search feature to ease your search.
- Go to the conversation chat window you want to search.
- Tap (on the top right of the screen) and select “Search”.
- Now, enter the phrase you’re looking for.
Note: It would be better if you could be proactive and save them at the time they were received. Use the next trick for this.
11. Star Messages as Favorite
- Keep the message pressed for few seconds and when the top menu change, tap on star symbol.
- Now go to the WhatsApp home screen
- Under Chats Tab, Tap and select “Starred Message“. In next window, you can find all your starred messages.
12. Backup Your Chats to Local or Cloud Storage
WhatsApp had a built-in backup feature that lets you backup your chats on your phone internal storage as well as Google Drive (Android) and iCloud (iPhone).
- Open WhatsApp and Tap , go to Settings >>Chats >> Chat backup.
- Tap “BACK UP” to create a backup of your chats on the cloud storage and phone local storage.
13. Backup Conversations To Email
Apart from cloud Storage, you can also backup your conversation to your email. To do so.
- Open your conversation chat window and Tap .
- Go to More >> Email chat.
- You got to choose two options- Without Media or Attachment Media. Choose according to requirement.
- And the next screen will be your email composer.
14. Hide WhatsApp Media From Gallery
If you don’t want incoming media on WhatsApp to show up in your phone Gallery, then we got a simple trick you can follow to hide them.
- Open your device File Manager and browse to Internal storage WhatsApp >> Media.
- Then, rename “WhatsApp Images” and “WhatsApp Video” folders to “.WhatsApp Images” and “.WhatsApp Video” respectively. And you’re all done, this will hide the WhatsApp images and videos from your gallery.
Note: This trick is applicable only for Android, not for iOS platforms
15. Broadcast Your Message To All Your Friends At Once
If you want to send messages to a group of people while protecting each other’s identity, then you can use WhatsApp built-in broadcast feature. This lets you send messages to more than one person without the recipients knowing that it has been sent through a broadcast.
- Open conversation chat window, Tap and then select “New broadcast“.
- Now choose the recipients from your contact for the new broadcast.
- Once the broadcast list is ready, you can send a message in bulk.
That’s all. So what’s your favorite WhatsApp trick, leave a comment below and share with us. If you enjoyed this article, Follow us and Subscribe to our newsletter and get daily updates to your Inbox.
Also Check Out: 10 Facebook Tips and Tricks You Probably Didn’t Know About