There are many unfortunate things happen to your smartphone like a slip of the hand, a nasty fall and then we got a smashed screen. These things happen time to time and fairly a common occurrence.
We hope that you never have to experience this rather unpleasant situation but if this ever happens to you, we have a way that will enable you to control your smartphone even with a broken screen.
Here at GIZEST, we have shared the ways to achieve a control over your smartphone without using a touch screen.
#Method 1 Control Your Smartphone From a PC
We prefer you to use AirDroid to control and manage your smartphone. You can transfer files, manage apps and photos, send text messages, play music and videos, and much more from a PC remotely using a web browser or a desktop client.
Follow the steps below to control your smartphone from a PC using AirDroid:
1. Open your browser and go to the AirDroid Web.
2. Sign up for a free account. You can sign up with Email, Google, Facebook or Twitter accounts.
3. Now you have to add your Android device. Install AirDroid app on your Android device. Open AirDroid > Me > Tap to sign in. Sign in to your account.
4. You’re all done. You have successfully connected your PC with your smartphone and your device details will show on the upper-right corner of the AirDroid’s Home Screen in Your Browser.
5. You can now use any of these applications from the AirDroid’s Home Screen to manage your smartphone.
Note: If you’re connected to the same network, the AirDroid app connect in Local Connection Mode else if you’re connected to the Internet, AirDroid will connect in Remote Connection Mode.
#Method 2 Use Keyboard and Mouse on Your Smartphone or Tablet with OTG Cable
Many Android devices support keyboard and mouse. However, Android smartphones do not have standard USB ports, so you can not plug a USB peripheral directly into it. To connect keyboard and mouse to Android, you need a USB OTG (On-the-Go) cable or OTG flash drive. It allows USB devices such as digital audio players or mobile phones to act as a host, allowing other USB devices such as USB flash drives, digital cameras, mouse or keyboards to be attached to them.
Follow the steps below to use Keyboard and Mouse on your Android device with OTG cable or OTG flash drive:
1. First, connect the OTG cable/OTG flash drive to your Android device and then connect either a keyboard or a mouse.
2. You will get a notification on your Android device.
3. A cursor would appear on the screen when the mouse is connected to your android device.
4. When a keyboard is connected to your Android device, you can use it to edit and create text documents.
Buy From Amazon (Price Starts at $6.60)
Buy From Amazon (Price Starts at $16.99)
Note: Some Android Devices does not support peripherals with a USB OTG cable/OTG flash drive.
That’s all. If you enjoyed this article, Follow us and Subscribe to our newsletter and get daily updates to your Inbox.
Read Related Article: How to Remotely Control Your PC From a Smartphone
Leave a comment below if you have any related queries with this.